07 March 2006

Bartering in Practice

I've only tried bartering with two friends: Ella and Carol.

Ella's a good cook.

In August, she spontaneously invited me to dinner with another colleague.

I had just started my urban camping spree at the time and was acutely aware of pinching every penny.

As she made a delicious dinner, I bounced around cleaning dishes, caring for the plants, giving her a massage.

At one point, she replied, "Please sit down. You're making me nervous."

I suggested that maybe I could come over for dinner sometime in exchange for cleaning dishes or giving a massage.

So, we did arrange a barter dinner a few weeks later.

During a stressful period, I acted as a sounding board and exchanged a massage for one of Ella's wonderful home-cooked meals.

Technorati tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home