06 February 2007

Where Am I Going?

From my friend Rod:

Milton Glaser: "None of us has the ability to understand our path until its over."

Milton Glaser: "My idea about graphic designers and social commentary is that that is part of the practice.

I've always believed that because you have access to people's minds, and you can communicate to people, that there is a corresponding responsibility, the responsibility of being a good citizen and also recognizing that you have the ability to transfer ideas from one point to another that those should be ideas that cause no harm.

So, it doesn't matter so much whether the graphic designer is an effective vehicle as much as, for personal reasons, you want to be operating within the life of your time.

I mean, you want to do things that have some relationship to your community, to your family, to your city, to your country, and to the world."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home