23 May 2006

I Made Houses For Them

Last week, I jokingly remarked to my friend, Lotte, that the two well-dressed, very petite women rushing past us looked somewhat like dolls.

Lotte laughed a bit and asked me if I had played with Barbie dolls as a kid.

I said that I had.

She said, "What did you do with them? I made clothes for them."

I said, "I made houses for them. We had a stack of carpet squares, each the size of a doormat. I would lay out about 10 of them and use whatever doll furniture we had to design a huge house for them."

As soon as I said this, I wondered if the not-so-philosophical-message that 'the universe was trying to tell me' from the whole house-sitting, house-dreaming, doll-house making experience is simply that maybe I should have gone into interior decorating.

Technorati tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home